Soil Testing Melbourne
Soil Testing / Site Classification Services
When starting a new build or renovation, your greatest time and consideration is spent on the finer details and finishing touches. However failure to test and assess the soil conditions of your site can be an expensive and dangerous mistake. Whether it’s a new house, unit or extension we can help. Getting the site classification right points your project in the right direction, right from the start.
Common developments that require soil testing include:
- New House
- Extensions to Existing Dwelling
- Upper Storey Extensions
- Units/Dual Occupancy
- Townhouse/Unit Developments
- Sheds or Garages
Why should I get a soil test report?
Soil testing is the first port of call for any new build, development or renovation to a property.
As the geology and history of each site is different, a professional and accurate soil report is essential. Smolders Geotechnical soil test/site classification reports assess on-site soil conditions and site classification – your engineer/architect/draftsman and builder will need this information when designing your build. Early detection of soil and site issues means that preventative measures and adjustments can be at the design stage saving time and money.
Why Use Smolders Geotechnical Soil Testing Service?
- All work carried out by fully qualified engineering geologists or geotechnical engineers
- Fully insured with Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance
- Experienced in all types of residential and commercial developments
- Unlike most others we have a range of Drilling Rigs and equipment, selected to suit your site and conditions
- Members of the Foundations and Footing Society Victoria, Australian Geomechanics Society, and the Australian Institute of Geoscientists
- Quality service that is fast, responsive and comprehensive
- Extensive experience, including difficult and tight sites
- First step to the best outcome for your build
Our services include:
- Soil Testing/Site Classification Reports to AS2870:2011
- Geotechnical Assessments and Landslip Risk Assessments for EMO
- Full Geotechnical Site Assessments
- Basement Investigations
- Percolation Testing
- Land Capability Assessments (LCA)
- Cracked Building Investigations
- Footing Probes
- Bushfire Attack Levels, Wind Load Ratings
- Geotechnical Drilling and Fieldwork only services
- Geological services for mining and exploration
All works completed by qualified professional Engineering Geologists